Greater Gallatin, Inc. Background
Greater Gallatin, Inc. is a non-profit, tax exempt organization governed by a 10 or more-member board of directors. Greater Gallatin was created to establish a partnership between public and private sectors dedicated to the re-vitalization of the downtown business district. This community effort features a comprehensive strategy that includes four elements which parallel the national Main Street's approach with emphasis on historic preservation.
Downtown Gallatin IS Important
Downtown is an area that needs to be protected for investment reasons: private and government. Architectural heritage cannot be duplicated. The rehabilitation of downtown is an incentive for attracting community-wide investment. Downtown is a symbol of civic pride.
Greater Gallatin, Inc. Serves...
- Building owners, by helping them protect their property values. The more downtown is promoted as the place to be, the more the economic climate will improve, thereby creating a better merchant mix and increasing retail retention.
- Merchants, by promoting, communicating, advertising, bringing in new business, encouraging repeat business, and by being a conduit through which merchants can work together to make the public aware of what downtown has to offer.
- The public, by creating pride in their city, an entertainment center for their community, a revitalized image of the heart of their downtown, and a shopping alternative.
- The corporate sector, by enhancing community livability and, in turn, attracting economic development and making the city an attractive place for employees to live and work.
- Realtors, by marketing the community as a very special place in which to live and work, thus increasing property values and creating a demand for both residential and commercial properties.
Financial institutions, by protecting their extensive downtown investments, both in their own physical plants and in loans to downtown businesses. The healthier the financial condition of a community's merchants, the healthier the financial institutions which support them.
Etiam non lacus ac velit lobortis rutrum sed id turpis. Ut dictum, eros eu blandit pellentesque, nisi nisl dapibus mauris, sed feugiat enim urna sit amet nibh. Suspendisse sed tortor nisi. Nulla facilisi. In sed risus in est cursus ornare. Fusce tempor hendrerit commodo.
Cum sociis natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus. Nam nec odio nulla. Cras ullamcorper suscipit justo, at mattis odio auctor quis.
In hac habitasse platea dictumst.ivamus leo diam, dignissim eu convallis in, posuere quis magna. Curabitur mollis, lectus sit amet bibendum faucibus, nisi ligula ultricies purus