Click the "Gallatin Events Calendar" on the Right!
Being owned and operated by Bill Roth, the Palace Theater thrived as a community theater from 1913 until 1977. During these years the Palace was a focal point on the historic downtown square.
After Mr. Roth's death in the early 1990's, the theater was purchased at auction by Johnny and Sonny Garrott and subsequently donated to Greater Gallatin, Inc. for renovation. The property is found to be the oldest silent movie theater still standing in it's original location in the State of Tennessee and therefore was made a local historic landmark and listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Funds were raised for the renovation project through private, public, corporate and state donations in excess of $100,000. Greater Gallatin wrote and received a much-needed grant for $300,000 making it possible for our dreams for the Palace to become a reality.
Seven years later Greater Gallatin, Inc. opened the Palace Theater doors to the public and once again made it a very viable part of our downtown. Movies are shown every weekend. The theater is also available for lectures, recitals, concerts and rental opportunities.
The charm and ambience of the historic theater has made it a weekend destination for much of the community.